Bring print-to-life – instantly connect readers to enhanced content and interactive experiences.
Today’s magazine readers are primed to make the connection between printed content and online media:
- Among all types of media, magazines rank highest in triggering online searching.
- 75% of consumers feel that digital content complements — rather than replaces — print.
- 59% of magazine readers say they are driven to the web by articles, 57% by ads.*
With Digimarc® Discover, navigating between print and the web couldn’t be easier. Readers need only point their smartphone at a digitally watermarked image, ad or article to be instantly connected to interactive content that is engaging and directly relevant to what is read. They discover and explore what they're looking for instantly — no need to go to a computer to type in a search query.
The Digimarc Discover platform gives magazine publishers the ability to easily enhance reader engagement with a full range of multi-sensory, online content and activities:
- Bring emotionally charged content-to-life through multimedia – videos, photo slideshows, etc.
- Initiate a dialogue with readers and extend the conversation to their social networks.
- Create premium advertising opportunities that enable readers to take immediate action.
- Give readers instant access to additional information about a story or product at the moment of peak interest.
How it works
Digimarc IDs can’t be detected by the human eye, and can be embedded into all kinds of media — packaging, retail signage, circulars, catalogs, in-store audio, etc. — to create an imperceptible connection with interactive, online content. Readers can't see the digital watermarks that power a Digimarc ID, but they are easily detected by our smartphone cameras. Unlike barcodes and tags, Digimarc IDs do not occupy valuable space on the page nor do they negatively impact the layout or design aesthetics.
Digimarc Discover offers an easy way to embed and test a Digimarc ID in print or audio to facilitate mobile engagement. You can embed Digimarc IDs into print and audio content through our Digimarc® Discover ID Manager or by using the Adobe® Photoshop® plug-in. With either option, the embedding is easily integrated into your existing publishing workflow.
You can direct readers to download the free Digimarc Discover app (also available as a branded app) from the iTunes App Store or Google Play, or you can build your own custom app using our software development kit (SDK).
An example of a digital "Table of Contents" showing readers where to find enhanced content within the pages.
Experience it for yourself
*2011/2012 Magazine Media Factbook, MPA — The Association of Magazine Media.