The Digimarc® Discover app detects digital watermarks in print and audio, identifies songs in music and reads QR codes and barcodes.
Get the app!
The Digimarc Discover app is currently available on the iTunes App Store and Google Play. Once you have downloaded the app to your smartphone, try it out with our demonstration materials or collateral. In our corporate brochures, we use the Circle D or blue hyperlinked text to denote digitally watermarked content.
Simplify your life with the Digimarc Discover app. In addition to detecting enhanced digitally watermarked content, enjoy a clean, advertising-free experience when reading QR codes or barcodes and identifying songs in music.
Tips for Detecting Watermarks in Images
- Launch the app and view the brief tutorial.
- Hold the device steady and parallel to the image.
- Point your device’s camera at the digitally watermarked content.
- Digital watermark detection should be instant and will be indicated with a sound. If you don’t immediately hear the sound, slowly move your phone toward or away from the image.
- Enjoy print come to life!
Tips for Detecting Watermarks in Audio
- Launch the app.
- Hold your device near the audio content, taking care to not inadvertently cover the microphone.
- When an audio watermark is detected, you will see a banner appear at the bottom of the screen with details about the item detected.
- Tap the banner to make the connection!
Using the Additional Features
- In Listen mode, the app will automatically try to identify a song that's playing.
- In Look mode, fit QR codes in the center of the screen to connect to the web.
- Fit barcodes in the center of the screen to shop and compare prices.
Please click here for pricing or contact us if you are interested in having a custom branded app developed.
Current platforms supported:
- Digimarc Discover mobile applications
- iOS 6.0 and above (Digimarc Discover does not support iPhone 3G)
- Android 2.3 and above
- Digimarc has SDKs available for the following
- iOS 4.3 and above
- Android 2.2 and above
- Digimarc has white label and custom apps available on the following
- iOS 6.0 and above
- Android 2.3 and above
A small number of Android devices running a supported OS version are incompatible with the Digimarc Discover app. These devices will not be able to download and install the Digimarc Discover app from the Google Play.