Each year major labels, recording artists, songwriters and music publishers leave millions on the table in the form of unclaimed royalties. In a world where listeners consume digital music in multiple ways, longstanding methods of licensing and compensating rights holders are now outdated.
Blockchain technology has recently emerged as a method for more accurately tying music to its rights holders, and helping them get paid and limit lawsuits. A new Digimarc-sponsored study reveals:
- The many challenges with copyright and music
- The changing relationship among artists, songwriters and streaming services
- How identifiers can link sound recordings to musical compositions
- Why people believe blockchain may revolutionize music and copyright
- Why blockchain alone is deficient without accurate audio identification
- How Digimarc Barcode addresses important issues for the entertainment industry
Download the free report now along with an infographic featuring the music copyright ecosystem.